Morehouse Automatic Deadweight Machines
All Morehouse Deadweight Calibrating Machines make full use of the accuracy of deadweights and are true primary standards. This means there are no multipliers (hydraulic or otherwise), levers, or flexures between the weights of the calibrator and the instrument to be calibrated.
These machines are capable of calibrating ISO 376 Class 00, ASTM E74 Class AA, AS 2193 Class AA, and other force measuring devices requiring the utmost accuracy. These include load cells, proving rings, crane scales, force gages, dynamometers, and several other force measuring devices.
Morehouse has completely redesigned our automatic deadweight machine to be more rigid, have more room between weights, have conical lifters so the weights can be lowered by low-pressure air bladders to eliminate shock loading, use new designs to ensure the yoke will not twist apart. In addition, the new automated control features a programmable controller where a touch screen is used for manual mode and the end-user can set timing and loading sequences including data capture so all data can easily be exported to your current calibration software or the machines USB communication port can be used to work with LabVIEW and other programs.
New Design Highlights:
· Clean operation with around 15 PSI air pressure when the airbags are deflated and inflated steadily as to eliminate shock load
· Controller is set up for manual touchscreen operation for calibration of instruments without data capture capabilities.
· Automation routines are easy to program and timing profiles can be set to ensure compliance with ISO 376 which states in section 7.4.3 "The time interval between two successive loading shall be as uniform as possible, and not reading shall be taken within 30 s of the start of the force change"
· The yoke is redesigned to eliminate twisting and unthreading during operation (This is a common problem with most machines as threads want to unthread over time)
· Everything is engineered with at least a 2:1 safety factor which it is impossible to overload a deadweight machine anyway, but the overall design is now good for over 1,000,000 full capacity or more loadings
· Each level of the machine now has more room which allows each weight to clear and allows for deflection of the unit being calibrated so that the weights will not touch the top or bottom supports when they are hanging. (Other machines may not have an adequate gap or spacing resulting in a weight resting, which will result in not applying the proper force) he loading surfaces are designed to minimize bending and designed to accept various size force measuring instruments
· All weights are designed with corrosive resistant material or Stainless steel depending on the budget. The weights are designed to be stable over a decade of use to 0.2 ppm.
· Tension and Compression loading is now easier with a ball seat in the yoke frame and quick change tension adapters
· Designed to calibrate load cells with a tight tolerance of 0.005 % or better. The only standard capable of assigned ASTM Class AA verified range of forces and the preferred machine for ISO 376 Class 00 calibrations
Morehouse Automatic Deadweight machines start at $70,000.00 USD.
All weights are adjusted to better than 0.001 %, of their nominal value and are calibrated and certified either directly traceable to SI units through an ISO/IEC 17025 accredited lab or directly by the United States National Institute of Standards and Technology (NIST).
All Morehouse Automatic Deadweight Machines can be customized to meet your specific needs. This could include provisions for a temperature chamber, special materials to allow a lighter yoke, and specific weight compliments to best meet your specific calibration requirements.
Please email email@example.com with specific questions or to request a quotation today.